CReSIS provides an undergraduate program that incorporates Center research activities into the curriculum and provides students with research and training opportunities. To meet these goals, CReSIS:
- Provides internships in science and technology for undergraduates at partner institutions.
- Hires undergraduates to work as research assistants.
- Has established a summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program to give students with diverse backgrounds an opportunity to become involved in Center research.
- Provides opportunities for undergraduate students in science and engineering to collaborate on interdisciplinary projects as a part of their senior capstone design courses and senior theses. Science students develop science requirements and measurement scenarios and participate in data analysis and interpretation. Engineering students develop and test working prototypes and help with data collection and analysis.
- Teaches senior engineering design courses and directs senior thesis projects.
- Hosts webcasts and lecturers during the year to feature CReSIS research.
- CReSIS scientists serve as visiting lecturers at partner Universities
The program involves students from partner institutions, including the Elizabeth City State University, Indiana University and the University of Kansas.
- At ECSU, which specializes in teaching courses on microwave remote sensors and their applications on polar regions and coastal remote sensing, both summer and academic year research intern-ships are held (UREs). The objective of the URE program is to promote development of minority undergraduate students through their participation in ocean, marine and polar science research. Each student is assigned to a specific research team where s/he works closely with faculty. Students are encouraged to present their findings at appropriate national conferences such as AGU and IGARSS.
- At KU, undergraduates participate in all aspects of Center research including senior capstone projects to develop prototypes and analyze data.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed above, please contact the Education Coordinator at:
2335 Irving Hill Rd.
Nichols Hall, Room 338
Lawrence, KS 66045
- DATA PRODUCTS
- CONTACT US
National Women's History Month // 3/1/2014 - all day
CReSIS Knowledge Transfer Meeting // 3/10/2014 - 2:00pm
PolarGrid Meeting // 3/11/2014 - 9:30am
CReSIS Management Teleconference // 3/11/2014 - 1:00pm
CReSIS Support Teleconference // 3/11/2014 - 2:00pm